1. Who is ClearTranscripts?
ClearTranscripts is a social enterprise. We apply commercial strategies in maximising shared value creation to make a social impact. We invest towards programmes that have a social benefit such as open source software development and creating anti-counterfeiting measures. We started as a not-for-profit but moved towards a for-profit to not be limited by the company structure for raising funds.
2. What is a transcript? What is the difference between transcript and mark sheet? Should transcript be a consolidated mark sheet?
Transcripts by meaning is a statement of record from the university which is provided for the use of a third party. Transcript unlike a mark sheet can be issued in original any number of times by the Educational Institution. Transcripts are required in original by many foreign universities for the purpose of admission, scholarship grants, by employers for verification, by immigration authorities where points are to be granted on the basis of qualifications. While mark sheets are intended for student use, official transcripts are issued to any interested recipient and as many number of times. Transcript need not necessarily be a consolidated mark sheet.
3. Are the transcripts delivered in envelopes with signature and seal by the University officials?
Yes, all the transcripts that we deliver are with
4. How many days does it take to deliver the transcripts?
Transcripts delivery time includes the application evaluation time + college processing time + university processing time + logistics time. The time varies between university to university, please refer to the expected shipment date on the application page. The delivery time is largely dependent on the university processing duration. The expected shipment date mentioned indicates
5. Are the transcripts shipped directly to the
We process the transcripts through the educational institution and send them in a mailing envelope directly to any shipping address including destinations in USA and Canada.
6. How can I track the transcript status?
You can see application status online here. You will need to click on the application number to see detailed status. We regularly update the application status page with the current status of the transcripts. Once the shipment is sent to logistics company, we share the tracking code to see the
7. What are the documents that I need to submit for transcripts?
The documentation requirements vary between educational institutions. We will be sending an email with the document requirements once you place an application with us. In general,
8. The documents are of size larger than A4 how can I scan them in my home scanner?
We suggest that you take the documents to a business center and get the size reduced to A4 on a xerox copy. Then you can take a scan copy of the document and send it across. Most UPS Stores and FedEx Kinkos in US/Canada do
9. I need consolidation of transcripts from two educational institutions before shipping them abroad. Do you provide this service?
Yes, if both the educational institutions are located in the same city we can consolidate the packages.
10. What are the fraud prevention measures implemented?
We have implemented continuous improvement measures for fraud prevention under various processes - associate selection, associate agreements, background verification, bill verification,